MEET THE TEAM
Meet the team at Hewitson & Harker
Senior Partner/ Head of Property
Vicky is a Solicitor based at our Sheffield Office, and is a Director and the Head of our Property department. Vicky has over 18 years of experience in commercial property and also deals with high value and complex residential property matters. Vicky is well known in the property industry in South Yorkshire, having been the head of department at two previous firms in South Yorkshire. Vicky obtained a law degree at the University in Sheffield and did her legal practice course at the College of Law in York.
In her spare time, Vicky enjoys spending time with her family and travelling around the world… when she is able to.
Vicky has experience in the following areas:
- Landlord & tenant - to include leases, assignments, renewals, and all aspects of landlord and tenant work
- Development work - to including site acquisition and plot sales, option agreements / conditional contracts/overage
- Acquisition and disposal of commercial property
- Agricultural matters - to include sales and purchases of farms and farm land, business farm tenancies and leases
- Secured lending-to include acting for lenders/funders and borrowers, third party guarantee advice and acting for charities obtaining charity funding
- Franchising and business sales and purchases
- Adverse possession, unregistered land and first registrations
- Residential property matters to include lease extensions, deed of variations, transfers of equity, shared ownership, shared equity and help to buy, sales and purchases
Scott heads up our newly opened Cheshire office and is our New Build Manager. Scott has a law degree from Leeds Beckett University. He is also a qualified Licensed Conveyancer with over 15 years of experience and specialises in residential and new build conveyancing. He has acted for private clients, property investors as well as both local and large national house builders. He is recommended by a number of mortgage brokers, estate agents and house builders to act for their clients due to his professional, friendly and efficient service. Scott has experience in the following areas of residential property: :
- Residential Sales and Purchases including freehold and leasehold properties
- Re-mortgage Transfers
- Right to Buy Transactions
- New Build Purchases
- Transfer of Equity
- Shared ownership
- Unregistered title matters
- Voluntary Registration Applications
Scott is supervised by Vicky Woodhouse, Head of Property.
Georgina joined the firm originally as a Locum and loved the firm so much that she stayed and is now a Director. Georgina has over 24 years’ experience dealing with residential property matters.
As the firms HR Director, Georgina also deals with all staffing issues for the firm ensuring that our staff have a healthy work life balance. Georgina also deals with the management of the residential team ensuring that our client’s have the best possible experience during the course of their transaction.
In her spare time Georgina enjoys walking with friends and spending time with her grandchildren.
Georgina has experience in the following:
Georgina is supervised by Vicky Woodhouse, Head of Property.